Living in Iowa, we can safely say we experience all four seasons. Winter here is cold, summer here is hot, and spring and fall are in between. What does this mean for your heating and cooling systems? It means that they get used all year round, which means you also are using your thermostat frequently.
Thermostats are used to regulate the temperature in your home. Many people use manual thermostats which require you to turn it up or down with the click of a button or turn of a dial. A great alternative to manual thermostats are programmable thermostats. They allow you to program what temperature you want your home to be and at what time you want it to change.
Benefits Of A Programmable Thermostat
There are many benefits to having a programmable thermostat in your home including:
- Energy savings. Not only is saving energy great for the environment, it’s great for your wallet as well. The U.S. Department of Energy says that when used properly, you’ll save anywhere from 5-20% on your energy bills when you use a programmable thermostat.
- You can keep your home at the perfect temperature at all times. You can set a schedule for your thermostat telling it what temperature you want your home to be and at what time. For example, in the winter you can make sure it’s cooler at night when you’re snuggled under the covers, warm while you’re getting ready for work, cooler when you’re at work, and warm again right when you get home. It takes away the hassle of having to head straight to the thermostat when you get back home and waiting for your home to heat up or cool down again.
- They have an override feature. With the override feature, you can make specific areas of your home warmer or cooler. If it’s cold out and you plan on having friends over in your living room, you can make sure that that room stays perfectly warm. At the same time that’s happening, you can make sure other parts your home that aren’t occupied aren’t getting any unnecessary heat or air.
- It’s simple to use. You may think that learning how to use a programmable thermostat may be difficult because of how sophisticated it is. It’s actually quite easy to learn, however, especially after we show you how to use it after your thermostat is installed by Lenz Heating & Cooling.
- They’re convenient. Using a programmable thermostat takes a step, or even a few steps, out of your day. You never have to worry about forgetting to turn your thermostat up or down when it’s already programmed to do so.
Let Lenz Heating & Cooling Install Your Programmable Thermostat
At Lenz Heating & Cooling, we want to make sure your home is always the perfect temperature, and using a programmable thermostat is a great way to do that. You’ll be amazed at how much convenience it brings to your everyday life. Call the professionals at Lenz today to discuss how we can install a programmable thermostat in your Des Moines, Ankeny, Winterset, or Johnston area home and make things more convenient for you!